Rules and Regulations
General Competition Rules
- All registrations must be submitted on-line at www.roundhill.org. No field entries will be accepted.
Registrations are complete upon receipt by Round Hill Highland Games of Registration and Entry fees.
Competitors will receive confirmation of their entry upon completed registration.
Registration includes gate admission for competitor plus 1 non-competing guest, and 10% discount (with Competitor wristband) on purchases with participating Vendors.
As auto racing may occur on the day of Games, competitors may be required to sign an additional waiver of liability for Lime Rock Park.
Fees must be paid on-line in US currency by due date and are non-refundable. To pay by check, contact us by email.
Registration includes validation of association memberships.
- All competitors must check in on day of Games (opens 8:00am) to obtain competitor number.
Piping, Drumming, Drum Major and Pipe Bands check in at the Registration Chalet.
Heavyweight Athletes check in with Athletics Coordinator at the Heavyweight Field.
Membership cards must be presented, together with photo identification of competitor or parent/legal guardian of a competitor under 18 years of age.
- Competitors must wear Highland Dress in order to compete. Competitor numbers must be worn during competition.
All competitors must wear Gate Entry wristbands in order to compete. No medals may be worn while competing.
- If in any event there are equal or fewer competitors than prizes allotted, The Round Hill Highland Games, Inc.
reserves the right to award one less prize than the number of competitors or to cancel a competition event.
- The Round Hill Highland Games, Inc. reserves the right to refuse gate entry or a competitor registration,
to add or remove events from the schedule, and to make other changes,
if, in its sole judgment, it is in the best interest of conducting the Games.
Rules for Piping and Drumming Competition
- Schedule for Piping, Drumming, Drum Major and Pipe Band competitions will be posted on website a prior to day of Games.
a. Individual Piping & Drumming - Registration Fee for Amateur Competition is $25 and includes up to 2 competition events.
Registration fee for each Open competition event is $35 per event.
b. Pipe Band - Registration fee by grade:
Grade II - $75
Grade III - $60
Grade IV - $50
Grade V - $40
Each band member must pre-pay admission to the Games on-line.
Drum Corp Entry Fee $20 for any grade (single competition).
c. Drum Majors -
Registration fee for Amateur Drum Major competition is $25.
Registration fee for Open Drum Major competition is $35.
- Pipe Bands must be registered members in good standing with EUSPBA, and all competing players must be on band roster.
Individual Competitors must be a member of EUSPBA, and will be required to show membership card at check-in.
Membership to EUSPBA can be obtained the day of the Games from the EUSPBA representative at the Registration Chalet.
- If a competitor is not present when their number is called, they are subject to disqualification.
Competitors failing to appear within two (2) minutes of their scheduled competition time will be disqualified.
- In order to receive awards, winning competitors must present their score sheets to the Piping & Drumming Coordinator at the Registration Chalet.
Pipe Bands must particpate in Massed Bands in order to receive awards, which are presented immediately after Closing Ceremonies.
- Competitions are sanctioned and monitored by EUSPBA, and decisions by the Judges and Stewards are final.
Any rule challenges concerning the competition may be forwarded to the Round Hill Highland Games Secretary with a $50.00 non-refundable processing charge.
Rules for Heavyweight Athletic Competition
- Heavyweight Competition begins at 9:00am.
a. Registration fee is $25.00 for all classes of Amateur competition.
b. Athletic participants may not consume any alcohol prior to or during competition events.
- Must be 18 years of age or above in order to compete in all heavyweight athletic events, including caber toss.
- Competitors failing to appear within two (2) minutes of their scheduled competition time will be disqualified.
- North American Scottish Games Athletics (NASGA) Rules for Scottish Heavy Events Competition will be followed, and decisions by the Judges are final.
Results are posted in the NASGA database.
Any rule challenges concerning the competitions may be forwarded to The Round Hill Highland Games Secretary with a $50.00 non-refundable processing charge.
Brought to you by The Round Hill Highland Games, Inc., a non-profit organization.
If you would like more information, or would like to volunteer at the Games, please contact our Secretary.
If you have any comments regarding this website, drop a note to our Webmaster.
All contents property of RHHG, All Rights Reserved, Copyright ©2017.